Saturday, November 5, 2011

cheese stuffed tomatoes appetizer

Yesterday I was in the mood to make a bunch of finger foods. I bought these beautiful cherry tomatoes that I usually use for Caprese. But I do Caprese all the time. I wanted to do a little something different. How about cheese stuffed tomatoes? I have seen these before, but have not made them. They are naturally gluten free, so I did not have to worry there. I did not have a recipe. I just decided to wing it from my memory of those I have seen before. Everyone loved these. They were very easy to make and very tasty. Here is what you will need:

24 Cherry Tomatoes
4 oz cream cheese
1 TBSP basil
1 tsp chives
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Here is what I did:

Cut the tops of the cherry tomatoes off and take out about 1/2 the insides. You may have to cut a little off the bottom of them to get them to stand up. If they stand up on their own it is a plus.

In a mixer add 4 oz cream cheese, 1 TBSP freshly chopped basil leaves. 1 tsp freshly chopped chives. 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper


Mix until thoroughly blended and smooth.

Pipe the cream cheese mixture into the hollowed out tomatoes.
Garnish with chives and basil.



Follow Us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.