Sunday, July 29, 2012

Loaded Mashed Potato Cakes

New addiction alert! I am not speaking for anyone else. I am speaking for me. These scrumptious potato cakes will now forever be a major comfort food addiction for me. If you like spuds, hold on to your hats! You can even make them ahead of time and reheat in your oven if you wish. I made a double batch. One to serve with dinner, and the rest for a quick thing to grab in the kitchen. 

Gluten Free Loaded Mashed Potato Cakes
adapted from  http://www.justputzing.com


3-4 cups cooked potatoes peeled and mashed.
1 cup Colby Jack cheese, grated
1/2 cup tortilla chip crumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp chives, chopped
1 egg
Olive Oil
*optional chopped bacon or bacon bits, and Sour Cream, but they are good plain too. 


In a large bowl, mix all ingredients until everything is mixed well.
Using your hands, scoop out generous portions of the potato mixture, and shape it into patties.
Spray a your griddle or pan/skillet with Olive oil spray and set it on the stove over high heat.

Cook mashed potato patties according to your taste. I like mine crispy and golden brown. This took me about 4 minutes a side. 
Serve warm, with desired toppings. 
Example: chives, sour cream and bacon bits.

Follow Us!
Follow Us on FacebookFollow Us on TwitterFollow Us on bloggerFollow Us on tumblrFollow Us on StumbleUponFollow Us on RSSFollow Us via Email
Follow Me on Pinterest

5 comments:

  1. Sounds nice. Even I would go with the crispy one. Made in small portions, this can even be used with bread or burgers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love one of these potato pancakes... and their loaded too. Wow!! We're on the same wavelength again... I am posting a potato dish tomorrow. :)

    Have a great week....
    ~ Ramona

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sound are beautiful,i like this dish and thank you for a recipe.........,

    ------------------
    Serve Over Counter

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this recipe!!! It will be featured as the "Daily Nosh" on Sunday, August 19th paired with a really yummy Zinfandel. I'll be promoting it all day!

    Keep up the excellent recipes! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you VirtualWineBar.com! I will link back!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.