Friday, October 19, 2012

Jalapeno Smokehouse Almonds

One of my husbands favorite things to eat is blue diamonds jalapeno smokehouse almonds. There are a lot less healthy things to eat out there, like bags of chips, or buttery popcorn. So I don't mind his almond addiction! It can get spendy though. It is about $4 for a 6 oz package of them. He usually eats the 6 ounces right away. So I wanted to make them myself and save that money for a rainy day.  Plus this way, I know every ingredient he is putting in his body. No Fillers, or hidden gluten. This recipe makes 4 cups for $4. Enjoy!

Homemade Gluten-Free Jalapeno Smokehouse Almonds

1/3 cup cholula sauce
1 tsp mesquite seasoning
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
2  tsps garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
2  tsps salt
1 tsp dry mustard

4 cups almonds
To sprinkle on after:
1 tsp hot salt
1 tsp garlic powder

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

In a saucepan over low heat, stir in Cholula, Worcestershire, garlic powder, salt and dry mustard.

In a large roasting pan, toss mixture with almonds to mix well. 
Spread out on a large baking sheet lined with parchment.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until liquid is absorbed.
Remove from oven.
Then Sprinkle with 1 tsp garlic powder and 1 tsp hot salt.Toss to coat.
Cool. Store in airtight container.
Follow Us:
Don't forget you can order my cookbook HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.