Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pumpkin Pretzel Cookies

Something I enjoy when I go to the La Costa Spa, is their white chocolate pretzels they serve in the reading room. On far too many occasions, I have taken a book and plopped down in the reading room with a little bowl of their pretzels, only to get up and get more. Not my healthiest moment, just a guilty pleasure. For a while it seemed pretzels may be a thing of the past. They are full of wheat after all. Until Ener-G Wylde Gluten-Free pretzels came out. If you are not gluten-intolerant, feel free to use normal pretzels. 
This is a fun recipe to make for a Halloween or Thanksgiving party. 
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pretzel Cookies


Sprinkles
Yellow and Red Food Coloring (unless you can find orange)
8oz White Chocolate 
1 TBSP shortening

First step is to melt the chocolate. There are several ways to do this. I have a little dipper that slowly melts chocolate perfectly, but you can also use a double broiler or the microwave.


 Just add the shortening to the chocolate in whichever method you choose. Microwave for 3 minutes at 50% power, then remove and stir until smooth. 
Add 3 drops yellow and 2 drops red food dye to the white chocolate and stir until orange. 
Dip your pretzels, or spoon the dyed chocolate onto the pretzels. Lay on parchment to cool. Use a brown or green sprinkle to make the stem. 



Follow Us:

2 comments:

  1. sooo cute, I am def going to have to make these for halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaaa-dorable!! I love these. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.