Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pumpkin Snickerdoodles

It isn't often I have to report that my husband ate all the cookies. However, this time he did. These are so light and fluffy with all the flavors of Fall. I guess he couldn't refuse. I made a big batch and gave him a few for a treat and he loved them. The next morning I came downstairs after he had left for work and the big batch I made...were GONE! When he got home from work, I asked if he had taken them. Sure enough! He said he couldn't help himself. If you like a light fluffy cookie, then this is your cookie. Glad you loved them hunny! 


Gluten-Free Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
adapted from six sisters stuff

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg
2 1/2  cups better batter gluten-free flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.


Mix together the butter, shortening, sugars, pumpkin, and egg, beat well.
Add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and mix until well-blended.
In a separate bowl, mix 1/2 cup sugar with 1 Tablespoon cinnamon and 1/2 tsp ground ginger Roll dough balls in sugar mixture until completely covered. I used a 1 1/2 TBSP Scooper. 
Place dough balls on a baking sheet or baking stone prepared with parchment paper and press them down to make them flatter.
Bake 9 minutes until lightly browned, but still soft.

Follow Us:

1 comment:

  1. If I could grab one, I would! Love the combination of pumpkin and snickerdoodle. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.