Saturday, October 6, 2012

Sweet Potato Linguine with Butternut Sauce

This week I had the opportunity to review Pastamore's Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Fettuccine


What a treat! While I received a sample from the company, this review is my own opinion and I was not paid for this review. This Fettuccine is unique. It is velvety with a hint of cinnamon and nutmeg. It is also Gluten-Free and Vegetarian. I decided to make a Butternut Squash parmesan sauce because the flavors of fall tend to go together. I was right! This dish was amazing. The first thing I loved about the pasta was the smell of my kitchen while I was boiling it. It even smells like Fall! This dish is something I plan on making all season. It is a very simple recipe, so what are you waiting for? Get your Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Fettuccine HERE from Pastamore, and start cookin'!

Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Linguine with Butternut Sauce

adapted from Simply Recipes
1 butternut squash weighing about 2 1/2 pounds
1 pound pasta
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/2 cup of chopped shallots
1/2 cup of packed, freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
1/8 teaspoon of grated nutmeg
1 tablespoon of chopped parsley, for garnish
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup water


Preheat the oven to 350F.
Cut the butternut squash lengthwise in half.
Next scoop out the guts and seeds and discard them.

Pour 1/4 cup of water into a baking dish and place the butternut squash halves cut side down.
Bake for 40 minutes or until a fork easily pierces the squash. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Scoop out the squash flesh from the skins and put into a blender. Discard the skins.
Saute the onion in the olive oil over medium-high heat in a small skillet until just beginning to brown, about 3-4 minutes. Add the onions,1 cup water, the Parmesan,  Greek yogurt, 2 teaspoons salt, pepper and nutmeg into the blender and puree. 
Pour the sauce into a small pot set over low heat. Warm it through, stirring constantly. Do not let the sauce boil.
Fill a pot with water and add 1 TBSP salt. Set over high heat to bring to a hard boil. Add the pasta and cook, uncovered until al dente (12-14 minutes). 
When the pasta is ready, drain and rinse well.
Mix with a little of the sauce and serve.
 Add a dollop of additional sauce and some parsley right when you bring it to the table. 
Eat!

Follow Us:


2 comments:

  1. Man, if you tried to make this healthier.. you couldn't. Sweet potato linguine... holy heck how good does that sound. The a butternut sauce... okay.. now you're just showing off. :) This is winner my friend. :)

    Ps... did you blog get a new look? It looks wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for noticing Ramona! Yes I redesigned it a bit. Same logo and such so my readers still know it is me, but it was time for a change.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.