Saturday, January 12, 2013

Gluten-Free Cheesy Garlic Rolls


These rolls have been a family favorite for many years. I used to make them full of gluten, but learned to adjust the recipe for my daughter. If you follow the steps, you end up with full-proof Gluten-Free Cheesy Garlic Rolls. 

Gluten-Free Cheesy Garlic Rolls
3/4 cup milk slightly warmed
2 tsp yeast
6 TB butter
1 large egg
2 1/2 manini's gluten-free multipurpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
8 cloves garlic

1 stick butter
1 cup parmesan cheese


Add your warmed milk to yeast in a large mixing bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow for it to activate. It should froth and double in size like this:
Next add 6 TB butter.,1 large egg, 2 1/2 manini's gluten-free multipurpose flour, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp salt to the bowl of a mixer. Using paddle attachment, mix until fully incorporated. 

Now pour in your yeast/milk mixture and mix until completely blended. 
Make small round balls out of your dough and place them on a greased baking dish. 

Mince garlic, melt butter completely, combine and pour over rolls. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese. Cover and let rise for at least an hour in a warm place (not in oven, just warm) I cover mine with saran wrap and then put a towel over them.
Bake in a preheated oven of 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.


5 comments:

  1. Christi, you are a star in the kitchen.. you bake, cook, work with yeast and dough. I am amazed by your talent always. :) These rolls look deletable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl, these look dynamite! I haven't had a nice homemade roll in a long time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two questions. What kind of milk did you use? Can I use Better Batter?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use 2% milk. You can try better batter, I know that all gf flours are different, so they may turn out a little different. Better batter is great, I just find maninis works well with rolls.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.