Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Vegan Strawberry Citrus Blitz Smoothie


I recently was fortunate to review the book: 365 Vegan Smoothies by Kathy Patalsky of Healthy-Happy-Life.com  While I was sent a copy of the book, I was not paid to write this and all opinions are my own.

With 100,000 Twitter followers and a blog that receives half a million unique visitors a month, food writer Kathy Patalsky loves sharing her passion for healthy, vegan cuisine. With 365 Vegan Smoothies, she makes it possible for everyone to enjoy this daily diet enhancement that is free of animal products (even honey) and the saturated fats, chemicals, and hormones that often accompany them.

With my busy life, I find smoothies are a quick easy way to get wholesome nutrition into the body. I tend to prefer to eat the whole food version, rather than blending it up, but my daughter is a smoothie fanatic. I have to admit, since getting this book, I am consuming a lot more smoothies. They take one or two minutes to throw together and are full of so many nutrients. 

This book is full of all the information you need to know to start throwing together your own smoothies. With a recipe for every day of the year, what are you waiting for? Her book can be found at amazon here: 

I decided to share with you a smoothie from the book, that I of course tweaked a bit. It is summer and that means all things citrus and strawberry around these parts (I live in Southern California). Since I have an abundance of both ingredients. I set out to make the Citrus Blitz that is on page 98 of the book. I added Maca Root and Chia seeds for added nutritional benefit. 

This is now my go to smoothie prior to a workout. With the natural vitamins and minerals and the naturally occurring sugars, it gives me the boost I need for my 75 minute Vinyasa Yoga classes.


Vegan Strawberry Citrus Blitz Smoothie
adapted from 365 Vegan Smoothies 

1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
1 frozen banana
1 cup strawberries
1/2 cup ice
1 tsp chia seeds (optional)
1 tsp maca root powder (optional)

Add all ingredients to a blender. 
Blend until it makes a frosty consistency. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.