Monday, November 17, 2014

Day one clean eating breakfast


Good morning! Today is the first day of my 7 day Clean Eating Challenge. For those of you that did not join, but are curious. I will be posting a few of the recipes on here. I plan on doing another one after Thanksgiving. So here is your sneak peek!

I got up bright and early and made me and my hubs the day one breakfast. We both thought it was scrumptious. I made a few minor changes that I will share with you all. 
First, I added onions, because Randy and I are huge onion fans, adding any veggies is always okay!
Second, my hubs and I can't stand mushy tomatoes. So I put my organic tomatoes on top, not mixed in. 
Lastly, I served mine on a toasted ezekiel bread which meant we didn't need butter on the toast.

We both were very happy with the results. Yay for day one! 

Ingredients:
2 eggs 
2 egg whites
1 cup spinach
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 cup diced tomato
1 tsp avocado oil (optional)
Sea salt and Pepper to taste
1 slice whole grain gluten-free bread

Steps: 
1. Whisk your egg and egg whites together. Prepare your veggies.
2. If adding onions, I added a little avocado oil and the onions to the pan for 1 minute. (This is also where I start toasting the toast)
3. Pour eggs and spinach over onions and scramble.
4. Serve scramble over toast. Tada! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.