Thursday, November 6, 2014

Superfood Boabab Berry Breakfast Bowl


So down here in Southern California Acai bowls are all the rage. It is no secret why. The high nutrition of the Acai has been all over headlines. What you probably don't know is there is a little berry that is better. Let me introduce you to the Boabab berry. What makes it more nutritious you ask???

Boaba has more antioxidants than any other superfruit, even acai, blueberries and pomegranate.
Exceptional fiber – more than half is ultra-healthful soluble fiber.
A raw, whole food.
Organic.
Ethically and sustainably harvested.
The planet’s highest plant source of calcium.
More iron, potassium, magnesium and Vitamin C than most other popular super foods.

While it comes in many forms, I like it in the same form I use my acai which is freeze dried powder. 
Baobab (bao-bab) Fruit Powder is packed with nutrient rich vitamins and minerals. The fruit dries naturally in its pod – nothing added. The nutrient rich fruit boosts immunity and energy, supports healthy digestion, and reduces inflammation. 

I recieved a sample of this amazing product in exchange for my views on it. I was not paid and these views are my own. 

I was so excited to receive a sample of this new product I had not heard of. I am all about health and making every single ingredient count in my body. First thing I had to do was make a Boaba bowl, because I LOVE my acai bowl. 

Oh. My. Goodness.... 

You have to make this bowl. Get the fruit powder here. gokaibae.com
So easy and kept me full until dinner I had to try to remember to eat a snack because I was so satisfied. 


Boabab Breakfast Bowl
Serves two

2 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup cashew meal
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup oats
1/4 cup raw honey
1 sweet ripe banana 
1/4 cup boabab powder
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup almond milk
fresh berries slices for topping



1. Heat the coconut oil in a pan on medium-high heat. Toss the coconut, oats, and all the nuts in the pan and coat in the oil. Stir them continuously. Watch them very closely as they can burn quickly. You want the coconut to brown. Once the nuts are toasted, remove from heat, stir in the honey and then let them cool.

2. Put the banana in the blender with the boabab powder, yogurt, and almond milk. Start the blender on low then ramp it up to max. Blend for 1 to 2 minutes. Pour equal parts berry blend and nut mixture in bowl.

3.Top with berries and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.