Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Healthy wine? Yes please!

Two wines... one yogi. 

I was sent two bottles of  FitVine Wine to try. One Chardonnay, and one Cabernet Sauvignon. 
With the help of my husband we dove in to try this new "healthy wine". I have to admit. I was expecting it to taste bad. I was mistaken. We started with an ice cold Chardonnay.  I actually went : "WOW!" when I took my first smell and taste. It was so refreshing. I don't usually reach for a Chardonnay so this really surprised me how much I loved it! I would love to put a case of that on our sailboat for our next trip! So good! 
Later in the evening we opened the Cabernet with our dinner. I enjoyed sipping it. It is one I could easily see myself buying on a regular basis. Not a wow factor like the white, but for the health benefits and the fact that it tastes far better than most affordable bottles out there. It gets two thumbs up.
The winner was definitely the Chardonnay though!

Did you know?...Not all wines are the same. Course Man had to come in and screw up another thing that actually used to be good for you in small amounts. Now many wines are have impurities, additives, coloring, extra sugar, high levels of arsenic and so on. The founders of FitVine Wine wanted to create wines that were made with the best processes and ingredients, without sacrificing taste or alcohol, and they did it! 

is a craft wine company, dedicated to making high quality wines for athletes by sourcing local, artisan, estate grown grapes. They have created a high quality wine that fits healthy lifestyles and tastes great!
Their proprietary blend delivers a high quality wine with higher antioxidants, no residual sugar and less sulfites.

Why FitVine Wine? 

If you want technical terms... here you go, straight from their site:"Resveratrol, polyphenols and proanthocyanidins are found in higher concentrations in grape skins from grapes grown in higher, cooler elevations. Resveratrol is a member of a group of plant compounds called polyphenols. These compounds are thought to have antioxidant properties, protecting the body against the kind of damage linked to increase risk for conditions such as cancer and heart disease. Resveratrol is found in the skin of the grape. Our wines can have up to 10x higher levels of Resveratrol than other wines.

Our grapes are grown in higher places such as here in the Sierra foothills above 2000′ elevation. Wines made from grapes from this area and elevation aid in the strength and concentration of beneficial compounds compared to warmer weather grapes. Our answer to this is a minimum of 10 day, extended whole cluster fermentation for maximum skin and seed contact."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.