Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Clean Healthy Fat Hollandaise



So you are asking how is this clean? Cashews. That is my answer. Where most hollandaise recipes contain a cube or two or three of butter, this recipe contains none. Instead, it contains cashews. That replacement alone makes it worth it. So for that purpose, this sauce is not Vegan. If you would like it to be Vegan, you can sub 1/4 cup avocado for the egg yolk and boom... vegan. I just wanted my eggs today. I am not afraid of egg yolk, because I eat so clean (no processed foods... that's ezekiel bread under there!) and my cholesterol can't get any lower. I love the clean healthy fat and protein of an egg yolk. Anything man didn't mess with I love. And before I get hate mail, I get my eggs from a reliable source and they are free range and non-gmo vegetable fed, good ole brown eggs. While I make numerous Vegan recipes, I am not Vegan. I love my eggs. 

I also love hollandaise, and it is something I always eat when I am splurging. So this time when I started my Hot for the Holiday's accountability group, I was prepared. Those of us in fitness know we need healthy fat to get to our goals. Now I have a yummy sauce to put on my breakfast, dip my veggies in, pour over my asparagus... and it is basically just nuts with a little avocado oil, a very healthy fat! 
You're welcome.

Clean Healthy Fat Hollandaise

1 cup raw uncooked cashews (Soaked overnight, drained, but save water)
1/4 cup avocado oil
1/4 cup of the cashew water that is left from soaking
2 egg yolks
1/2 tsp tumeric
1 tsp ground mustard seed
Juice of one lemon 
1 Tbsp Tapatio or Cholula hot sauce
1 tsp salt 
1/4 tsp pepper

Cashews MUST be soaked overnight for this sauce to work. 
Add your water and avocado oil together and heat to just under boiling. You can do this on the stove or the microwave, whatever suits you. 

In the meantime add the soaked, drained, cashews, 2 egg yolks, tumeric, mustard, lemon juice, hot sauce, salt and pepper to a blender and push blend. 

While it is blending, slowly drizzle the water/oil mixture into the blender, this will coagulate the egg yolks while blending the cashews. you may have to run a few cycles of blending and scraping down the sides, until it forms a cream consistency. 

Serve immediately. Store in an airtight container and gently bring back to warmth to serve.
Now go make a killer eggs benedict. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.